Baker's Dozen WTF?

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A whirlwind yet again...

So once again it's been forever since I updated this thing...I can't believe how much has happened since then...it's crazy...seriously!

So Becca, Kelly, Courtney and I went to New Orleans for our spring break last month and it was definitely a life changing experience for me...I was in no way prepared for the amount of devastation and destruction that we would see when we got down there. The people were absolutely amazing...they have so much spirit and strength. It is impossible not to feel drawn to help them rebuild their lives and their city. So, since that trip I've been wrestling with the decision about what to do with my life for next year. When I got home, I talked to Katie (who's in charge of the EDOLA rebuild program) about the possibility of going down to live in New Orleans and help out with the rebuilding effort down there next year. I had pretty much made up my mind before I even left New Orleans to head back here to Cape Cod. However, my love for the program here on the Cape has not diminished in anyway, so it's a very hard decision to make. Currently I'm waiting to hear back from Katie about the opportunity down there. In the mean time, Dave is doing a fantastic job of trying to convince me to stick around for another year bc he will still be here. Seriously...we would have an absolutely amazing time here again next year, but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to give up the New Orleans opportunity either. Of course the last couple weeks have been incredible, and therefore I really am starting to think that I don't want to leave...

PS - Every once in a while you start crushing on someone unattainable...I think I'm at that point. I'm totally crushing on a guy that has a girlfriend. I can't even help it...the more I see him the worse it gets....I hate when that happens!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    update, update, update! haha

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    People should read this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home