Baker's Dozen WTF?

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Haunted???

So once again, let me reiterate that I love my life. In addition to the previously mentioned craziness of Friday night's birthday celebration, this weekend was the Wellfleet Oysterfest. Some of my beloved AmeriCorps peeps were running in the 5k Shuck 'n Run in the morning, so Becca, Eric, and I got our asses out of bed and drove out to Wellfleet to cheer them on...unfortunately we couldn't find the race when we got there, so by the time we showed up it was over...oh well, we tried! After our triumphant runners changed and whatnot, we made our way back up to the festival to wander around. Highlights: taking a picture of Shane and Dave with the Sausage King (complete with crown), Dave licking Mel's arm to get a temporary tattoo to stay on, seeing someone dressed up as "the fairy dogmother," and of course the Shuck-off. After an hour and a half of grueling competition, the only woman in the contest was declared the winner after shucking 24 oysters in 4 min and 52 seconds. OhYeah! To top off a fantastic day, a bunch of us went out to watch a gorgeous sunset over at Ryder Beach where I discovered what could possibly be one of my new favorite drinks...Captain Morgan and apple cider. Props to Molly for coming up with that plan...I will forever be indebted. :)

Now, some of you may know that I am pretty much crazy about ghosts and hauntings and other paranormal phenomena, and if you didn't, then you do now...so the other night, a bunch of us went to a presentation by the guy who started the Cape and Islands Paranormal Research Society. Btw...this guy is friends with Jay from Ghosthunters...How sweet is that?!?!? Anyway, despite the fact that his public speaking was not quite fantastic, the talk was pretty cool. He told us about some hauntings and paranormal shit that has happened around the Cape, including a cemetery that has a demonic presence outside trying to get in! So of course I want to go out and find some of these crazy haunted places. I'll let you know what we manage to find...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home