Baker's Dozen WTF?

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Change

After living on the Cape for two months, it came to my attention that I spend entirely too much money...and the majority of it seems to go toward alcohol and party supplies. I have definitely had more to drink since I got here than I did for the year and half since graduation. And here I thought living in a dry house meant that I was going to be completely sober for the year...who knew???

So anyway, in response to this realization, I have decided that November is going to be a month of change in my life. But I feel like there are more changes that I want to make in my life other than simply not drinking, sooooo I'm giving up alcohol and junk food. Pretty much all junk food. No chips, no candy, no chocolate, and no cookies (except for the ones left in the cupboard). However, I will have to make an exception on Wednesday nights for house dinner, because I wouldn't want to offend anyone cooking, now would I? ;)

So far this little experiment hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. Last night we went out to the Bomb Shelter in Wellfleet, and I had a marvelous time. I didn't spend any money, and I actually woke up on a Sunday morning without a hangover...sweeeeet!!! I'm feeling pretty good about the probability of success on this one...who knows? Wish me luck!!!

PS - There are only 49 days left til Christmas, YEAH!!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home