Baker's Dozen WTF?

Monday, October 30, 2006

CRAZINESS!!!

Can I just start by saying that this was perhaps one of the best weekends ever?!?! Instead of a typical service project, we spent Friday in Boston for our big ass AmeriCorps pep rally with hundreds of AmeriCorps peeps from around Massachusetts. We listened to some speakers in the morning who basically told us that we are the best, and then did an easy service project kicking the shit out of some Japanese Knotweed in the afternoon...how sweet is that?

Anyway, Friday night was our fabulous Halloween party out in Wellfleet. Now, we basically have some type of party just about every weekend, but I would have to say that this one was the best we've had so far. My wonderful Bourne girls and I dressed up as contestants in the best pageant ever. I was Miss Behaved...quite appropriate, don't you think? ;) We had Miss Match, Miss Guided-complete with maps, Miss Fit, Miss Treated, Miss Tress, and Miss Informed...and I must say that we all looked fantabulous!

Now of course, the rest of the costumes were great as well...we had the gang from Clue, Mario and Luigi, some rednecks, a pirate, a wizard, and some superheros among others. Pretty sweet! So obviously for Halloween we had to do something a little different and crazy, and Jae certainly rose to the task by making an awesome ice luge. Despite my years of drinking experience, I have never before participated in the ice luge experience, but I can now attest that ice luge is awesome!!! Especially with raspberry vodka...yum! People were luging all sorts of stuff...beer, wine, you name it, we drank it. It was fantastic!!! As if that weren't enough, we followed up ice luge with a karaoke party that would rival the best of them. It was wicked fun, easily the best Halloween party that I have ever been to. I had a few heart to heart conversations, some of which are a little fuzzy, but that happens. I took crazy amounts of pictures, Liz made a video of some karaoke, which I have yet to watch, but am sure will be amazing, consumed quite a bit of alcohol, and basically just rocked out. You know it's a good night when you recap in the morning and find out you did all sorts of things that you can't remember, hahaha!!! PS, sorry if I woke you up Amber!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home