Baker's Dozen WTF?

Monday, November 06, 2006

I love the MBL!!!

Ohmigod!!! Today was quite possibly the best day that I've had with AmeriCorps. We spent the entire day working down at the Marine Biological Lab in Wood's Hole, basically cutting up quahogs. Technically we were preparing samples of quahog tissue to be tested for QPX (Quahog Parasite Unknown), which pretty much means measuring quahogs then cutting them into pieces to be made into slides for the microscopic analysis. It was perhaps the coolest thing that I have ever done. I was somewhat skeptical at first, cause it's been a while since I've done any kind of dissection, and I don't recall loving the last experience (it was with a cat...weird), but I totally loved it!!! I know that this was only a two day day thing (we were there Friday but I didn't get to cut things up), but I definitely think that I want to go back to school for some type of environmental/marine science. Probably not next year or anything, but definitely sometime soon. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home