Baker's Dozen WTF?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Home is...where???

It amazes me how quickly things can change. Not just big things, but little things too. I spent my entire life living around Rochester. Now granted, I've never particularly liked it, nor have I ever really thought that I would stay there, but still I considered it my home. I suppose I felt something of an attachment to it. But this weekend I had some kind of epiphany.

I went home for Mikaya's 1st birthday over the weekend, and don't get me wrong, I had a great time seeing everybody. I loved spending time with my family and whatnot, and I was sad leaving them...but when I was driving back and I saw the sign for Cape Cod, it was such a relief. It was an almost overwhelming feeling of coming home after being away for a while. How is that possible??? I've only been here on the Cape for ten and a half weeks. Why do I feel so much more at home here than I do in Rochester? It's as if some void in my life has been filled, and I didn't even know it was there. Maybe it's just the combination of being near the ocean, surrounded by amazing people, and doing something I love. But then again, maybe not...I don't know. I feel somewhat guilty, as if I'm doing something wrong, but at the same time, I'm happier now than I've ever been, and I think I deserve that. Am I wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home